Sunday, April 19, 2020

Tsunamis and standing waves

This is the quilt idea that happened when I was making Blood and Gold and arranging all those flying geese - when some of them were next to each other and had the same fabric it made a cool chevron effect. So I did a whole quilt of cool chevrons - in the same solids - and I really like it.



Nothing very earth shattering about the construction. I did stitch and flip and used the offcut triangles to make the border. This one needed a border so I thought blue was the best colour to tie it all together. There was a bit of headscratching to make sure that the chevrons happened - I had thought I had scientifically planned it so it would be infallable ... but no. No no no. Swearing happened.



After being a bit disappointed by the way Blood and Gold's quilting turned out I decided to go with an allover pattern in my good old standby baptist fans; random this time. I like it more than something that follows the pattern lines, at least on this quilt. It is called "Tsunamis and standing waves" because they are two different but related things. I was not aware of that, and then I was, so the quilt can mark my gaining a small amount of knowledge.



1 comment:

  1. Hmm, that looks complicated. Must look up "stitch and flip".

    ReplyDelete