Thursday, April 2, 2020

Circus circles

This latest batch of sewing was triggered by the fullness of my solid scrap tub - lots of them but I didn't want to just do random or crumb blocks. So I trimmed them into little wedges so I could make circles, and of course they were very bright, so I put them on a plain blue background. I used ric-rac to finish the edges because it looks cute and also because it's very easy. Much easier than trying to hem it.
 

But I really don't love the finished product. It is not streamlined enough to be classy and not loud enough to be interesting. I sewed some more plain circles in between, but just bad machine stitching because I slightly got the shits with it. So the circles are wonky, which doesn't increase the love I'm feeling. The centre blue circles are crappily done too.



I think I will have to make it louder and more overwhelming. Perhaps a border? I was going to do flying geese or triangles using the blue background but that might not be garish enough. I will ponder.



1 comment:

  1. You're so self-critical! And fast. I think it's lovely, but then I'm not known for my garishness. I've just finished a quilt top made out of my friend's late husband's shirts and it's a bit boring - like a quilt made out of shirts. But I think she'll be pleased.

    ReplyDelete