Monday, March 30, 2020

Maybe the last beach trip for a while

I went down to the beach on the weekend - cleaned out the fridge, went through the food cupboard, turned everything off at the wall ... it might be a while before we go down again. We are not in lockdown yet, but they say to act as if you have the virus so I brought all my food from Canberra, didn't stop on the way down, didn't meet up with anyone down there or go into any shops or public places. I had a chat with the neighbour through the fence and a few long walks on the beach and that was that! And some sewing of course, and book-reading, and other good things.


It was not a problem keeping your social distances on the beach. A few people were out and about but not many. The road was incredibly quiet - I have done that road in every sort of traffic you can imagine but nothing so post-apocalyptic quiet. It made for great driving of course ... even though I took every precaution I felt a bit guilty when we are meant to be staying home, but I also don't want to come down in four months to a really manky kitchen. And it was wonderful for my sanity! There might be some risk assessment undertaken to see future trips are possible, assuming that it doesn't become illegal soon.



Here is a photo of the creek for Dad - back to green and clear after the brown from the rains a couple of weeks ago. I didn't swim though, the water temperature was OK but the weather was cloudy and grey.

2 comments:

  1. Very sensible. We're in lockdown though can go out for vital work, vital shopping, exercise once a day and medical appointments. Or to help vulnerable people. So it's not too bad. But very very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you took all the right precautions so good on you for taking a sanity break down there while it's still legal. We were just saying today how we miss the beach, especially when we are having a fabulously warm sunny autumn here.

    ReplyDelete