Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Nature is reclaiming Canberra

We've only been secluded for a few days and I swear nature is getting bolshier. I'm working from home most days this week and school has closed (well, not closed, just 'pupil-free' which I'm thinking is the same thing, but maybe not) - the streets are quieter and the suburbs are snoozing. Not helped by a lovely late burst of summer; hot during the day with a bit of a chill in the mornings and evenings. Beautiful.



I went for a walk round the golf course later yesterday afternoon. A few players, maintaining their social distance from each other, but not many. The kangaroos usually bound away well before I get this close! Do they sense a weakness? Has their time come to rule the earth? I don't think so,  kangaroos aren't very bright. Jumping cows really.



And then the gang gangs came in a large flock to hector us for food. They were loud! And sweet, they have a very endearing rusty door call. There are males, females and juveniles in the tree and they were all very pleased to see my husband. Was it a welcome, or was it so long and thanks for all the birdseed?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing picture of the kangaroos. Don't they poo all over the golf course? And I've never heard of a gang gang. Sometimes I wonder if you make all this up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the gang gangs are planning on ruling the earth and the kangaroos are their enforcers...

    ReplyDelete