Monday, July 1, 2019

Beach again

It was rainy and miserable in Canberra this weekend so I had a couple of days down the beach instead! The rest of the family had things on - it's the last week of term this week and the boys are getting a bit weary - so I sewed and made a mess on my own. Saturday afternoon I went round to see a friend who has bought an on-site van at a caravan park about twenty minutes down the coast. It's very cute and has an annex with a full proper bathroom ... but still decorated with the classic early 1980s green and brown caravan look! He is loving having a base down the coast, and how it changes your mindset to have a little bolthole.... preaching to the choir I said.


 We went for a walk on the beach (he was testing the water, I chose not to) but it was a bit blustery and cold. Saturday I also made a muslin for a jacket which was pretty ugly, so I chose not to go any further. Irritating, but that's what muslins are for. Sunday I made some pants which took a ridiculous amount of time for something very simple, but they turned out wearable in the end and I'll take a photo when I wear them. 

Today I have on a skirt that I made last time I was at the beach so I will take photos and do a re-cap. I am thoroughly enjoying making clothes again. I'd forgotten the frustration of the failures (funnily enough I only remembered the clothes that I'd loved to wear, and blanked out the others) but the process itself is great. I don't aim very high, and only do easy things, but that's OK. Why change the habit of a lifetime?



Sunday was a beautiful day, so I went for a long walk. In a t-shirt. How crazy is that! When I dropped number one son at school at 8.30 this morning it was still minus 1. And an inch of frost on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment