Friday, July 12, 2019

Why I can't have nice things

The night before last, I finally got the urge to do some quilting again. It had been building for a while, but I was never in the mood to tidy up the sewing room to get to my quilting stuff, so I ignored it ... until I decided just to do it.

I put the wool back where it belonged, dusted off the sewing table, unhooked the ball winder and the fringe twister, cleared off a couple of shelves (threw a heap of crap out) and uncovered my sewing machine.  I found some fabric, did some ironing, did some cutting ... then walked back into the sewing room, barged at full speed into the sewing table, and my sewing machine flew off the newly-dusted table at a hundred miles an hour and smacked into the wall. With a very nasty smashing sound. The thread mast snapped off and the wheel refused to turn at all and the presser foot wouldn't go down.


I've taken it to the repair shop and it is fixable, although it will take a while and cost several hundred dollars. Still cheaper than a new machine, but I was so cross with myself. The table has been in the exact same spot for thirteen years! And I have a massive bruise on my leg. Anyway this is a picture of some pretty pink clouds while I was walking the dog yesterday. Everything is very cold and wintry but the clouds caught a little bit of sun.

2 comments: