Saturday, July 6, 2019

Purple scarf



I've worn this scarf a couple of times this week because it is lovely and soft and matches my purple jacket.
The warp is the very soft and silky merino (I may have ordered some more, oh well, it was on special) dyed in various shades of purple and a bit of green, and the weft is more of the red alpaca blend. Of which I still have three balls - it lasts forever!!!



When you look at them just as balls they don't go at all, but once it's woven up they look fine. I am still surprised by this, I wouldn't normally put together a bunch of bluey purples and green with a reddish brown.


We all survived the first parliamentary sitting week. The first time the bells went off I nearly jumped out of my chair but you get used to it pretty quickly. Back to the grind...

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice, isn't it? Sorry you need to work. I do remember that...

    ReplyDelete