Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Why I'm broke

Just when I was sadly facing weeks without my machine, the Spotlight catalogue arrived with half-price sewing machines. And I have been thinking about getting another machine for up in Canberra that can do zig zag and buttonholes, in case I want to do any garment sewing up here .... and some of the machines were really cheap ... and I don't need anything fancy ... so I went down to Spotlight and test drove a few. Of course the really cheap ones were very cheap and nasty, so I had to go up a little bit, but half price!!! Such a bargain.


Not the fanciest machine in the world but it sews nicely, has a needle up/down and all the bells and whistles that I will ever need. It's actually very similar to the machine I have down the coast which was three times the price when I bought it in 2005 .... things that were super fancy then are pretty much standard now. I'm starting with an old favourite quilt block -  scrappy trip around the world. Lovely.  I had a very enjoyable weekend avoiding the cold and sleety outdoors and sewing. This is taking the dog for a brief walk - that's a snow cloud hustling in from the south. Brrrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! Mind you, that fancy computery screen sends shivers down my spine. Complicated! My machine was my mum's. I think she bought it around 1960 and it's very very simple. But what do I need apart from to do straight lines, forward and backwards and zigzag?

    ReplyDelete