Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Yellow and grey scarf

I am still weaving as I finish up the projects I'm halfway through, and try not to start any more. I'm also still sewing of course - the new machine is sewing beautifully, and it's very pleasant to be quilting again. I've started with a scrappy trip around the world (so I didn't have to make any decisions) but I have lots of ideas for what I'm going to do next.



So this was a work in progress that I've now finished. For dyeing, I went with yellow and grey, not too bright. Of course it ended up super bright, I can't seem to restrain myself from putting more dye in! This may be a hangover from dyeing cotton fabric, where it's the saturated colours that are the hardest to achieve.



It looked much better woven up into a cake, but given the yellowness of it I decided to use my second-to-last ball of cream mohair on the weft. It it is still super fluffy and still smells like goat. It made for a very quick weave.



The cream made it much more muted, which I think is a good thing. Look at those tassles! A full scarf in that might have been a bit much.








No comments:

Post a Comment