Sunday, July 21, 2019

Another small trip

It's the end of two weeks of school holidays, and this time my husband took the boys on a road trip to Queensland and back. They went via friends in Sydney, an airbnb in Nambucca Heads, a few days with his brother and family at Tumbulgum, a few days in Brisbane with his parents and a couple of days over at the beach house on North Stradbroke Island. Before driving back via Gunnedah ... several thousand km all up but number one son can share the driving now! It was a great opportunity to give him experience on country roads, and apparently he did very well.



They had a fabulous time exploring the countryside and catching up with lots of relatives. I couldn't really take any more time off given I've just had seven weeks; but I did sneak up to Brisbane on a plane to see them - just for one night. We went to the Mt Coot-tha botanic gardens, which were amazing, and number two saw succulents and cacti to his heart's content. 



We went out to Redcliffe on the bay, which was the first place I ever stayed in Australia when I made my first trip as a backpacker nearly thirty years ago. It hasn't changed much. We had lunch with relatives, went for a drive in the country, fed the lorikeets that flock on my parents-in-law's backyard and enjoyed the warmth! Brisbane in July is just beautiful, clear and warm during the day but a bit crisp at night. Delightful.



Redcliffe is also where the Bee Gees first lived when they moved to Australia as kids and where they started performing .... and so there is a laneway devoted to them! It was very interesting, with pictures and music and of course life size bronze statues to take your selfie with. We hummed Bee Gees music ALL DAY.



That is idiot son photo bombing with thumb next to Barry. My plane back was delayed so I didn't get home until about midnight ... the dog was very happy to see me and even more happy when I finally gave her her dinner. And now they are all back from their road trip! Just in time for school next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment