Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Shoe polish, and ancient history

On Sunday I polished five pairs of my black shoes. This doesn't happen very often, so I took a photo as proof. They are not very shiny because I really can't be bothered buffing and buffing, but much cleaner than they were.


And this was the cloth that was used to buff them up with. A t-shirt. An old concert t-shirt - Hunters and Collectors 1993 New Zealand tour. Hunters and Collectors are an Australian band, and my husband is a massive fan (I'd never heard of them before I met him) so he went to the Wellington concert of course, back in 1993, and bought the t-shirt.


So I dug out the old photos because I knew that this favourite t-shirt made several appearances. Here we are on holiday in May 1993 - we went back to Brisbane to see his family. I am wearing a Crowded House t-shirt (although I have never been to one of their concerts, so god knows where I got it from) and a super trendy rock-with-a-hole-in-it necklace. And can you see why my boys have red hair? They had no chance of any other colour, poor things.


Both these photos are on the Sunshine Coast where we went for a day trip with his parents. I am now also wearing highly fashionable John Lennon sunglasses. Look at us, so young and bouncy... 



1 comment:

  1. You all have LOVELY red hair! (Is yours dark red, or is it just the sun shining on it?) Yes, very bouncy. Aww.

    ReplyDelete