Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Beautiful beach weekend

It had been too long away from the beach for me, so I went down last weekend on my own and had a wonderful time. A massive storm came through Friday night with great cracks of lightning, torrential rain and hail; no damage done and quite spectacular. And then the rest of the weekend was just beautiful. There was a huge swell on Saturday - perhaps from the storm? I don't really know how waves work - so I got a couple of excellent swims with my boogy board. Caught some big waves ... or big for our little beach, which doesn't really get big waves. There were a few people on the beach but not heaps.


I sewed a bit, read a bit, watched Russian Doll on Netflix which I enjoyed a lot. Number two son had watched it and said it was quite "adult" (!!!! drugs and sex mostly, not entirely appropriate for a fourteen year old but what are you going to do) He got suckered in and had to binge watch all eight episodes, and so did I. 


This is a sunset shot. We don't usually get the sky reflected in the water quite as perfectly. It was very pretty.


And much much nicer than Canberra yesterday which had horrible winds and a hideous dust storm. There is normally a city behind that red haze. The winds blew over several large trees, and the red dust was on everything. Worse air quality than Beijing apparently! Back to lovely blue skies today, although the outdoor furniture is a bit grimy.

No comments:

Post a Comment