Monday, September 10, 2018

Two lazy days

It was a proper weekend, with nothing to do and nowhere to go. Number one son had his final root canal on Saturday morning, which knocked him about for the day, poor bloke. Fingers crossed that is it for his teeth! Neither his physical nor our financial state can cope with any more dental work. He's finished his exams and has a week of absolute bludging ahead - they do a three semester year that doesn't in any way line up with the school holidays and the end result seems to be random periods of staying at home playing computer games. I shouldn't disrespect him though because he has had a fairly intense period of actual study. At least I think he has. I wouldn't actually know what he does in his room.



My highlight was buying a new pair of running shoes. I wore the old ones out! I think that's the first time in my life I have actually worn out any exercise clothing. So I took the new ones for a gentle 5 km run around the lake on Sunday morning, when it was springlike and windy. They are great shoes; I think lighter than the old ones. It didn't make it any easier or make me go any faster, but they felt good on. And aren't they clean?



Above are the trees two weeks ago, and below the trees today. The blossom is blooming, and you can see from the flags how windy it was. I am now an old hand at picking wind direction and deciding whether to run clockwise or anticlockwise ... trying to avoid a head wind in the most exposed spots.



On Friday night I went with book club to see the movie Crazy Rich Asians (it's based on a book! Not that any of us have read it) which was a perfect movie for a tired Friday night. Brainless, pretty to look at, reasonably funny.

2 comments:

  1. We saw that movie on Friday night as well - agree with your summary 100% :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - woven hand towels would be wasted on this class of guest. Farewell from OC for Ricky Feutz yesterday. He took over from me! Ian Mac says "Hi." He remembers your sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete