Saturday, October 27, 2012

Starting but not finishing ... a talking-to

This is the post where I give myself a stern talking-to. Part of the reason that I started blogging was so that I would remember what I'd done, including things that I'd started but not finished. It's never quite been the mechanism for transparency I had hoped - and I'm too damn lazy to keep a list on the side of the blog of projects on the go, like some quilters do. My thought was that if I wrote about a project, then it attained a degree of reality that meant I could no longer chuck it in the back of the cupboard and ignore it. Didn't work!

So I am sitting here on a beautiful sunny Saturday late afternoon, letting my husband cook the dinner and wondering if it's cocktail hour yet ... and I've gone back through every blog post and scraped up the ones I haven't finished. Here's the list:

  • Orca Bay - Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt from 2010. And I've done all the hard bits!!! must finish it off.
  • That hideous apricot and blue orange peel. I started hand quilting it in January 2011 and it wasn't any fun.
  • The hexagons. Nothing wrong with this, and it's 90% done, I just have to stitch all those big bits together.
  • The wool felt cushion cover. I think it's kind of boring. Maybe I'll finish it...
  • The santa fe solids. I didn't like the seminole border, but the colours might be worth salvaging. 
  • The broderie perse medallion. Does it need another border? I don't think so...
Well, that's not a very long list. I think there are things in the cupboard / on the shelf / in the baskets that haven't made it to the blog. Maybe I should go see what's up there, if I dare...

No comments:

Post a Comment