Monday, February 5, 2024

Summer!!!

Yes, I know technically it's been summer for months, but this weekend finally felt like a proper summer couple of days. I was very very happily at the beach - it was 35 in Canberra which is awful and hot - still hot down the coast but you could jump into the sea and cool down... so nice. I had lots of lovely swims, with good waves, and did some painting, and had bacardi with passionfruit sparkling drink which is like a lazy mojito, and was generally contented.

I also wore my other new beach poncho - the one I got for Christmas is lovely but made of good quality heavy towelling and takes ages to dry. So I bought myself a 'quick-dry' number which isn't nearly as snuggly (it's like those chammies that you wash a car with? synthetic) but it works just as well as a cover-up and then dries in time for an afternoon swim. Look at me just a summery little ice-cream sunshine of happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment