Monday, February 19, 2024

More houses

It was very nice to have a weekend at home - I did a bit of washing but generally was unproductive - unlike my husband who gardened away. He is taking cuttings now so they are established in pots for when we move to the retirement home. Will it stop him spending thousands at the nurseries? No, it will not, but he will have five acres to play with, so full steam ahead. It got hot in the afternoons so we went to the Emily Kam Kngwarray exhibition at the NGA late on Sunday, which was AMAZING. The paintings were incredible and she also did batik work, which was just beautiful. I am a bit inspired, I already know how to dye, so experiments in hot wax could be in my future. My retirement future that is.

Here are some more houses that I did - English houses mostly. I like doing this, they look very simple but it takes time to get the shadows and the layers up to make it look like an actual building.

And this last one is a Melbourne house - number two gave me a wonderful book of photos for Christmas taken in the older inner-city Melbourne suburbs. Lots of fabulous photos of people but also quite a few houses, so I painted one of them. I haven't quite captured the run-downness, it's hard to paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment