Friday, June 7, 2024

Head cold

That was a very unproductive week - I had a bad cold that I thought was covid or the flu - so I've been sitting miserably at home waiting for it to go away. Which it did in about three days, so definitely not covid or the flu, and I had to go back to work ...

I went down the coast on the weekend which was a bit grey and gloomy but good for long solitary walks on the beach. I went into town to buy some watercolour paper (weirdly, the dollar store has the best cotton paper, I don't know why) and took a photo of the police station, then painted it.

Much more colourful in my painting, which I like. Painting roads and houses would be very dull if I couldn't add unrealistic colour.

I also did one of the Art Gallery from the weekend before. They're not very good but it's fun to have a little record of where you've been.

And in most exciting news, my husband has retired from work! Well, he's on annual leave for a few weeks before he actually retires, but he is not going back to the office .... ever. It hasn't really sunk in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment