Saturday, June 22, 2024

More random paintings

I am a bit out of ideas at the moment on the painting front ... this happens sometimes between periods of crazed hyperfocus. So I go back to random things, odd youtube tutorials, peculiar tiktoks. And of course a bit of Gary. A cow.

Bloke with a balloon.

I even went back to Diane Antone, who is still happily making excellent watercolour videos in rural France.

The birds are her idea, the words are mine. It's a song by the Be Good Tanyas although I got the lyrics wrong. I like her way of doing a hibiscus though.

Someone suggested painting over sheet music and I have some that I bought from the op shop for gelli printing back when I was enthusiastic about that for four days.

I don't think it looks very good at all.

2 comments:

  1. The roses are singing but the lilies are definitely instrumentalists. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I disapprove of painting over music. Mind you, it probably depends on the music. The painting is great, though.

    ReplyDelete