Saturday, January 29, 2022

Coastal craft

I decided that my holiday crafting was going to be very very simple and brainless, so I took down the tub of random yarn ends and half balls, and used them for warps to weave into stripey scarves. Basically any length of yarn over about two metres is useable, so I had a very satisfying time finishing up many forgotten and ugly ends and not worrying too much about it. 

This type of weaving is exceptionally brainless, although the results are variable. Some worked out well and some are clearly godawful brown acrylic. I did about ten, made absolutely no dent in the amount of yarn I own, and brought them back home for fringing and wet finishing. A nice frugal way to get the creative urge dealt with when my brain had melted out my ears.  

I am slowly starting to recoup my ability to deal with things. I have made some lists, but it is hard going. 

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely. I'm sorry about your brain/ear problem. Even if just metaphorical, that sounds very nasty. Hope your various organs continue to stabilise. (Having decided to type that last word, I couldn't think how to spell it. Did it really have an i in the middle? Yes, it turns out (even if Google would prefer me to end ze). I don't think I've ever had to spell it before. I think I'd better give my brain some tea before it makes a bid for freedom (cf yours).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add the missing closed bracket to the above comment.

    ReplyDelete