Saturday, January 8, 2022

A break from my break

I am back in Canberra for a few days to see the family and download some more movies .... although I think we have finally cracked and put the internet on in the beach house. I say I think we have because it still has to be installed, and internet in Australia is such a shambles that there's every chance something will go wrong, but I've taken the first steps. It is necessary? No. Will it make our lives better? Yes, and if we have to work from home in the future we can maybe do it there. Maybe. 

So these are some gratuitous beach shots. Ex-tropical cyclone Seth made some magic waves the last few days, which was very welcome. I stayed in way too long on Tuesday and got sunburnt on my face and hands, turns out sunblock does wash off after a couple of hours, so I have now bought an unattractive swim hat to go with my unattractive long-sleeved rashie and fat little legs. I am too old to have a peeling nose!

Thank you for your nice comments on my paintings, I think I do have more of a grasp then when I started, but that was a very low base. We went and saw the Jeffrey Smart exhibition at the National Gallery yesterday - really amazing, loved it, and some of them have such mastery in shape and colour ... inspiring and disheartening in equal measure. 

Many ice-creams have been eaten (and berries), many books have been read, and movies watched, and many more to go. Pam, I did enjoy the Nina Stibbe - but you are completely right, had to google many of the characters! I had a dim sense that I was meant to know who the people were, so wikipedia was very helpful, and I learnt something.  

1 comment:

  1. I think preparing to work from the home/bach is very sensible ;-) Any movies worth recommending?

    ReplyDelete