Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Using the small pieces

Last beach weekend I felt like doing a bit of sewing, but nothing too serious, so I found some of the leftover pieces and made small things. Not super small things obviously (because they are for me to wear, and I am large) but a pair of cotton shorts, and a couple of simple tops. There was a metre or so of rayon left over from the bow shirt, so I made a little top and wore it to work. 


Bad bathroom photo, but there's not much to see. One piece front and back, bound neckline and hemmed sleeve edges and hem. Comfortable, although a little bit short. Here is the entire ensemble, I thought a shiny silver skirt would distract from any sewing errors. 


And in other work-clothing related news, we had our annual all of department meeting yesterday so I used one of my fake tattoos. Did I mention the fake tatts? A lockdown purchase from a company in Adelaide, I don't know why, they are the water soluble ones and they have literally thousands of designs. It was an impulse random thing but I have put them on a couple of times and they make me happy. I ordered enough to get free shipping (to save money hahahahaha) so they could last me quite a while.


You can see about half of it in this photo, it's about 5 cm long. My children point out that I am an adult and could get a real tattoo whenever I wanted but OUCH and TOO MUCH COMMITMENT. I am happy with ones that last two to three days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very ouch. I have to say that I don't understand tattoos. I'm too old. In my day, nice people didn't have tattoos. But things change...

    ReplyDelete