Thursday, November 18, 2021

Long weekend away

I took a couple of days off work to make up for the September beach week I never had and spent it in wonderful solitude at the beach. I did think that November would be better weather than September... but NO. It rained and rained and rained. All up and down the east coast to be fair - not targeted at me personally - a few inland towns are still under flood watch as the waters meander their way to the sea. This photo is on Friday morning when there was a little bit of not-rain for half an hour.

Honestly the rain was probably the best thing. I was feeling extremely low energy, and did basically nothing the first couple of days, even sewing was too much. Luckily I had brought a couple of trashy books and I played Candy Crush and looked out the window the rest of the time. At the rain. But after a couple of good nights sleep I got a bit of mojo back; made a skirt, turned out some cupboards, went for a long walk and even a swim on the last day.

The first day after the rain it was a bit cold and blowy for me although the surfers were out in force (they are in there, trust me, in the distance where the waves are).

The next day was much sunnier but there was ZERO swell! Look at that, one inch waves at the absolute most. This is very unusual for our beach, and given that the air temp was about 20 degrees (cold!) I didn't think that bobbing about with no waves to catch would be enjoyable. But on Tuesday it was a bit more active and a tiny bit warmer so I had a very nice swim. 

This is the big beach. More exposed to the rain front (southerly) so a bit rough for me, especially outside of December / January when it's unpatrolled. Big beaches need lifeguards.

No comments:

Post a Comment