Monday, November 8, 2021

Oh the humidity

More massive thunderstorms on the weekend but all overnight - crackers on Friday night and then again Saturday night - woke me up a few times with either the thunder or the rain. Our roof leaked again, in the usual spot, and about two dozen worms crawled in under the dining room door, which was a bit odd. The draft excluder sausage was drenched so I think water must have flooded in, carrying worms with it.

Saturday morning I went for a long and humid walk. Everything is so green. Except for the lake, which is brown with all the runoff. The ducklings were so cute, even though they paddled away as fast as I could approach them.


I like walking through the posh parts of town because they have the best traffic plantings. Check out these glorious white roses on a roundabout. Now that's what I call fancy.

My husband had a beach weekend: highlights include picking the stink bugs off the lemon tree and fertilising the bamboo. I drove the children here and there and tried not to nag about the amount of exam prep they are doing. Number two has his last exam today, which is very exciting and a little bit sad .. and his first shift on Wednesday! He is working at Aesop, which is an upmarket soap / skincare store. I do not quite understand the appeal but he is very keen. I have never been in there because I do not buy $80 jars of Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream....

2 comments:

  1. You have roses blooming in... let's think what this is for you... oh, I suppose it's like May here. Maybe that's not so surprising. Here, roses don't bloom till late May or more likely early June. But maybe I don't understand how your seasons work. Nor have I ever heard of stink bugs (charming!) or fertilising bamboo. Bamboo is very hard to discourage here. I would never allow it in my garden - much too rampant - but would certainly never fertilise it. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an interesting job for number 2 - maybe he will bring you home free samples so you can at least smell like you shop there

    ReplyDelete