Saturday, November 20, 2021

Stink bugs

I did pick the stink bugs off the lemon tree at the beach - they are nasty little bastards all clustered around the lovely new shoots our lemon tree is gamely putting out. Despite the savage pruning it received. Here they are drowning in metho.

Brad said he picked off dozens before spraying, and I only managed seven, then sprayed again, so we should be winning against them. I tried to get a photo of the chewing they do, but I'm not sure if this is very clear.

I didn't fertilise the bamboo - don't worry Pam it is clumping bamboo not the spreading stuff. I wouldn't plant the spreading stuff! I don't even think you can legally buy it. 

The two at the end have definitely died but hey, more tomato stakes. It is a slightly strange thing to plant as a hedge but we love it - it is green, fairly low maintenance, doesn't need pruning, incredibly fast growing and it feels like a grass. We both really like the way it waves in the wind, and has a dappled shade, and lots of different shades of green. A hedge with movement ... perfect for when your neighbour builds a four metre high boat shed 50 cm from your back fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment