Wednesday, June 9, 2021

More sewing! A shirt this time

I made this shirt a couple of months ago - and have worn it a few times - but this is the first time I got myself organised and took some photos. Some bad photos, but you should be used to my appalling clothes photography by now. Part of it is a failure of photography, but mostly it's because you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and anything showing me in all my glory is never going to look that good. Chins, mostly. 

This is rayon again, but a heavier one that is easier to work with. I bought it randomly last year when I went to Spotlight with a friend and it just appealed to me. From memory it was the only halfway-decent print in a full row of ghastly florals and animal print. 

Long sleeve, loose-fitting, pussy-bow. Shouldn't be my cup of tea at all but it is lovely to wear and I like the look. It was also fun to sew because it was different! Interesting pleating round the neckline and one of those patterns that look like they shouldn't work but it all comes together. It was McCalls 7436 which is one of the ugliest stylings I've seen on a pattern for a long time. I have no idea why I bought it - I suspect it was the third in a "3 for $20" deal - but the line drawings were good and I'm glad I tried it out. I might even make it again with the full-on bow in View D not the restrained tie from View C.

I bought a new phone a couple of weeks ago too and I've been experimenting with the "stage lighting" portrait feature. I thought it might be useful for when I had to take a photo of myself in a new shirt in the toilets at work! In reality? Just creepy.  




2 comments:

  1. Chins??? I see no chins. Or only the one. To me (nearly 71) you look young and lovely. (This sounds rather creepy, but it's not. Just envious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the Johnston head on one side I see your big sister - scary. The blouse is nice, too.

    ReplyDelete