Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Astonishing weather

I think this Easter had the best weather of any I remember - perhaps because it's so early in April? Perhaps because it's rained since October and I can hardly remember a sunny day? Perhaps because I was happily at the beach and everything seems so much nicer? Whatever the reason, it was 28 degrees, sunny and clear from Friday to Sunday and I had a lovely couple of days on my own getting some sun and sea.

There were crowds of people - more even than January. Part of the delight of the weather was how still it was; not a breath of wind, even in the afternoon. People were bbqing on the beach and sitting in the shallow water chatting like it was the tropics! Not usually a South Coast thing. But it did mean there was ZERO surf ... and at one point I counted 160 people in the water having surf lessons. Ooops. Good for the surf schools I suppose but the waves were about eight inches high and very infrequent and there were a lot of people just bobbing about.

I took the body board down on day 1 but gave up after that, and just bobbed about myself. The water was cold but it always is! I read books, sewed a couple of tops, ate Easter chocolates and wondered what all these people were doing on MY PERSONAL BEACH. All these photos are on different days. It was just perfect all the time.

I came back Sunday night because friends had invited us over for brunch on Monday which was lovely. The rest of the family had had a very quiet Easter pottering about - still recovering from end of term tests and essays and shows - now two weeks of holidays for them both. But plenty of assignments apparently to keep them occupied. I am back at work but dreaming of the beach, as usual.

1 comment:

  1. 28 degrees? But it's (thinks) October there, by our standards. Hmm, it wouldn't be 28 here in October. In fact, isn't - it's unseasonably cold here, with beautiful blue sky and occasional flakes of snow. I don't think I'll go swimming in the sea...

    ReplyDelete