Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Autumn

As usual, every year, I am amazed and delighted by the leaves changing colour. I went for a walk on Sunday morning and it was still warm, but the trees are turning red and there is a very slight nip in the air. This is the manchurian pear in our neighbour's yard next to our driveway that is just starting to go. There will be a sodden mass of leaves stopping us backing our cars up the driveway at full rev before you know it. 

The weekend was good and mostly quiet. We went to number two's musical production closing night - it was FANTASTIC. High energy and such talented singers and dancers. The choreography was excellent, and they even had number two (who is not a trained dancer) moving his stuff in the ensemble in a highly professional fashion. He loved doing it despite the long hours - we saw him briefly after the show before he disappeared off to the after party. And got home at 9 am (he wasn't originally going to sleepover but I'm not surprised, I think it would have taken until 4 am before the adrenaline had worn off). 

Sunday I went back to the Lifeline book fair - not that I've read the pile from last time yet - and happily bought two more grocery bags of books I am sure I will enjoy. On the way to the bookfair I donated four boxes of books (they sensibly had their warehouse open down the road for people who needed to make space i.e. me) so really, I reduced my books this weekend! Yay for decluttering!!


And here we have the dog who was groomed yesterday and is very fluffy and clean. Although she seems smaller; I think they reduced her hair load by a LOT. Which is awesome, less gathering in giant tumble-furs down my hallway.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 70 and I'm still taken aback when spring and autumn come. You'd think I'd get used to it.

    ReplyDelete