Friday, March 26, 2021

A boring black suit

I have to wear a black suit at work when I'm in the chamber - which is every day at the moment so I need more black suits ... so I went shopping to try and buy a specific thing which is always a mistake. I am at that awkward size between normal clothing and plus size clothing - I can often fit into either which should mean that I have more choice but it just doesn't. 

Particularly if I want something tailored that has to fit at various parts of me - if the suit jackets do up they are too short through the body, and plus size just does not do tailoring. It is more the baggy and shapeless end of clothing. So after an afternoon of trying on poorly made and fitted polyester I thought - I can do poorly made and fitted polyester myself and save several hundred dollars - so I did.


This is not a beautiful or flattering suit. It is a lovely fabric though - a soft twill with just a slight amount of stretch - but it is a bit of a sack and don't look closely at the hems. Not lined either. But I wear it and it's fine - at my desk I tend to take the jacket off and in the chamber it's covered by the gown anyway - so there you go. It certainly showed up my lack of sewing skills; even though it's an extremely basic style I still struggled to get the lapels looking decent and the skirt is elastic waisted. Which is awesome to wear, but not glamorous. 

And so hard to photograph! It's like the black cat we had when I was a teen, never could get a decent picture even though she was a very pretty cat. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks very nice to me. Yes, we had two beautiful black cats but they didn't photograph terribly well unless you took lots and lots of photos, which we did, thus getting some good ones. We miss them.

    ReplyDelete