Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Yarn day

Saturday was hot - 31 and sunny and humid - then the cold change came through and Sunday morning was this. 


Nasty! But a friend had promised to pick me up and take me to the Capital Yarn Regional Showcase so off we went ... It was at a working farm / school camp on the edge of town and I was a bit worried that the weather would mean that nobody would come, but I was WRONG. So very very wrong. Yarn-starved Canberrans flocked there (boom, boom) and covid restrictions meant that the buildings had capacity limits, so queues of middle-aged and elderly women waited in the rain and wind for a chance to buy some beautiful local yarn and general wool-related happiness. 

It was all very lovely and I was quite restrained given that I'm not weaving at the moment (having gone back to quilting) but a couple of the fine alpaca blends called to me. It's not always easy finding nice 2 ply or laceweight and it's not going to go off.... it can just sit in the drawer until I need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment