Sunday, March 7, 2021

A week away

I took a week off and went down the beach - reward for working through January (mostly) and having a stressful couple of weeks ... not that I need a reason! Being at the beach is reason enough. Although I did feel a bit guilty for leaving my husband to do all the parenting for a week (and guilty for taking one of the cars, which makes it more difficult) but he thinks he will do the same to me next month. 



It was a wonderful week. Sunny and warm but with a coolness in the air that lets you know it's March not January. The water temperature was beautiful but the waves were just mediocre until the last day (of course!). I swam a lot, and sewed a lot, and read a lot, and didn't do much exercise. I got in the car once to go and get some milk. I made a beef and mushroom casserole in the slow cooker and ate it for three days. 


There was absolutely no-one around, compared to high summer. The retirees and toddlers swim in the morning, then in the late afternoon it's the schoolkids and the tradies. Two old ladies would set up and fish from the beach in the middle of the afternoon (not very successfully) and Friday afternoon a decent number of surfers turned up .... helped by the 'dangerous swell' warning that the whole coast was under. Dangerous swell for the rest of the state turns into 'nice waves' at our beach.


I also turned out the main bedroom which hadn't been done since we moved in. Moved all the furniture, wiped down the paintwork, dealt to the carpet, dusted the furniture. There was a LOT of dust and it was very satisfying. All in all it was a gloriously circuit-breaking and relaxing week and I am very grateful to have had it! I could have easily done another week (or month, or year......)

1 comment: