Saturday, February 27, 2021

Another busy week

 Still nothing much exciting going on here! It's been cold and rainy this week - finishing the summer in the same way as the rest of it - not that I'm complaining, it's so much nicer than hot and dry. It's only just light when I get up now, and still another few weeks of daylight savings to go. The evenings are still light until late but I left work late enough this week to see the testing for lighting up Parliament House for the enlighten festival.


Doesn't it look cool? I'm assuming it's Australian politicians, perhaps the first parliament, certainly looks like a lot of dead white guys. I'll have to make sure I visit and see it properly. Number two has gone in with some buddies this evening to check it out, although I think they missed the number-restricted events (food, mostly). Number one has finished o-week (which is orientation week at university, I didn't realise that was a geographically specific term! it's the week of enrolments and get-to-know-yous and social events) and has now started uni proper, except not the labs yet, just the lectures, so perhaps this week will be a proper timetable. It is still partially on-line which isn't great but has its advantages. And I am just enjoying the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Seems no time since my lot were starting uni - and two out of the three met their spouses in the first week. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete