Saturday, March 13, 2021

Pinning up quilts

My tulip blocks turned into a full size quilt and I pinned it up, along with a solids one that I had nearly finished before I abandoned quilting for weaving last year. It only needed a border so I whacked that on and pinned them both up in a fit of activity. I think I am getting too old to kneel on the hard floor and pin quilts up - I have to take a little break every fifteen minutes to stretch myself. In my next house I will have a large table just for quilt pinning. The dog was absolutely no help at all, and her paws are filthy.  


Not much else to say so here's another photo from the vault. This is my husband and I at friends' wedding in January 1998 at the National Gallery. We were a very respectable 27 and 33 years old in that photo but I feel like I'm looking at teenagers.

We were living in Papua New Guinea at the time so came down to Canberra for this wedding, flew over to NZ for my brother's wedding the following weekend, then back to Brisbane for another week to plan our own wedding for the following October before going back up to Port Moresby. So much weddingness. So much flying. So much international border crossing! Hard to imagine at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. YOU're getting too old to pin quilts on the floor. What about me? I didn't start quilting till I was 62 and now I'm 70. Mind you, there is a carpet.

    Love the tulip quilt.

    Are you really tall or were you wearing high heels? I'm 5'3 (being optimistic) and my husband's 6'2 - we look really silly together in photos. And probably in real life too.

    ReplyDelete