Thursday, April 29, 2021

Another long long weekend

It was the Anzac Day long weekend here so I took an extra day off and had a long long weekend down the coast. Even though Canberra has been a bit cool it was still lovely at the beach, and finally some waves! I had two hour swims each day ... wearing a full length wetsuit admittedly but every time I went to get out a good set would come through and I'd stay and splash a bit more.

Not nearly as crowded as Easter. The family stayed in Canberra and had a very very quiet weekend by all accounts, after the hard work of re-painting the room last weekend. Not that it was the painting itself that was hard - it's the getting stuff out of the room, cleaning stuff (and the room), trying to persuade our little hoarder to throw things away, and getting stuff back into the room. There is still at least one Ikea trip in our immediate future, but otherwise it's looking good. So last weekend was a chance to snooze and catch up on study assignments (children) or the washing (husband) or bob about in the ocean (me, winner!).

I caught up with friends for a drink when I was down there and they said there is a development application in for the patch of grass between the cafe and the real estate where the surf school vans park. Multi-storey apparently!!!! We are torn between wanting whatever is going in there (rumour is micro-brewery, which sounds way too cool for our beach hamlet) and not wanting it ever to be developed ever, because we like the 70s vibe. First world problems.....

This is me trying to take a picture of lots of little fish. I watched them for ages but they don't photograph very well.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very well-trained husband. Mine has his talents but they are not related to domestic chores.

    ReplyDelete