Wednesday, April 21, 2021

High risk, high return

I've been down with a bit of a cold the past few days - nothing major but enough to have me at home sniffling one day and a very quiet weekend. Number two had the same thing but worse so went off to see the doctor and have a COVID test (which hasn't come back yet now I think about it, but it's OK, he's still at home miserably snoozing and drinking orange juice). 

The one thing I did was finish up my return-to-quilting big scrappy  number - the tulip blocks I saw on Keryn's blog a while ago - with a white background. It is called "High risk, high return" and was quilted all over in big fat feathers. Blue sashing, a red border and 50 random fabrics.

The blocks finish at 13.5" which is a nice chunky size, nothing too fiddly. I used mostly scraps from the bucket with some yardage when I couldn't find pretty scraps. 

Wonderful to have a finish finally! Next for binding is the yellow/pink/purple that only needed more borders, and I've started piecing another solids quilt, because I'm enjoying the mosaic effect of lots of solids together. Good fun.


1 comment: