Saturday, June 6, 2020

Gardening with Ducks

I called this latest quilt "Gardening with Ducks" because pottering about in the garden being followed by ducks would be quite fun. Beats a dog that shits everywhere (although ducks do too I believe) and you can eat their eggs.



This quilt is what happens when the christmas fabric is 80% off at Spotlight and your scrap strip bags are overflowing. It is a very simple two block - Broken Dishes and Nine-patch - with an unusually coherent use of a single fabric in the nine-patch and for the Flying Geese border. And it is only coherent because it is a christmas fabric (tiny gold stars! very pretty) and was cheap. Damn cheap.



At the start I tried to make the broken dishes obviously light / dark but that didn't last long. It went very random very quickly as most of my quilts do.



The quilting was a branching loop that covers it in random swirls and there you go! I think this is the last one of the super scrappy bender I went on ... I am on a solids bender now. And enjoying it.



1 comment:

  1. Why did I start singing "Surrey with the Fringe on the Top" form "Oklahoma"? Oh, yes, "pigs and ducks and geese in the meadow". I like it - it has a sort of scrambled eggs feel to it.

    ReplyDelete