Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Solids

My ankle's definitely improving, but I'm still hobbling around. Most of the bruising is starting to go yellow, but I still can't put a shoe on, which is a bit disheartening. Such a stupid thing to do... we have spare mobility scooters at work that I could borrow (and which I've been offered, several times, as people watch me lurching about) but I feel that would be Giving Up. Once you get in a scooter - do you ever get out? I will stick to lurching.


Luckily I can still sew. I've been thinking I would like to do more fabric dyeing over the summer, which makes me look at my three full shelves of dyed fabric and wonder if I need any more, which I don't, so I will have to sew it up and then I can dye with a clear conscience! I'm making 200 flying geese in different solids. I don't quite know how I'll put them together but I can make that decision when I have the geese in hand.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ow. Hope it gets better soon. I think you may be being slightly pessimistic at your age about your prospective addiction to a mobility scooter...

    I would never, ever make lots of patchworky things unless I knew what I was doing with them. I need a Plan before I pick up my rotary cutter. It's like these people who knit things without a pattern: a different species from the likes of me.

    ReplyDelete