Friday, October 11, 2019

Scarf selling .... again

We went down the beach last weekend for the long weekend - for a break and also because it was the local "art on the path" craft market and I had booked myself a spot to have another go at scarf selling. This time I was slightly pre-prepared and ordered myself a vinyl banner. Isn't it fancy? There was no cost for the stall space so I splashed out $40 on a lynley banner.



In the end it went quite well. I don't know exactly how many scarves I sold because I kept giving discounts but I left with $210 more than I arrived with, which more than covered my banner cost. It went for five hours and was very laid back - lots of chatty people, lots of people who knew each other, lots of families and generally more about the community than the buying and selling. Which suits me fine. Husband and number one son assisted me, which was lovely, and we sat, and chatted, and went back to the house for toilet breaks. I still have SO MANY scarves though. I don't think selling them is really a viable option given the mental effort and physical time it takes.



The rest of the weekend was rainy, but given I wasn't up for long walks that was fine. A bit of sewing, a lot of reading and sadly watching the Canberra Raiders lose the NRL grand final ... robbed I tell you, robbed. I must have been feeling the lack of exercise because I cleaned various things that needed cleaning. On the left, a sink I have scrubbed. On the right, a sink still to be done. It was very satisfying.

1 comment: