Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Hobbling and wobbling

Today am I at work, without a walking stick and with shoes on! Limping and not happy with stairs, but so much better... We had a long weekend here which I made extra long by taking a day off on Tuesday, but I needed it after the vigorous conferencing of last week. Here I am setting twitter alight! Five little heart things, I don't know what they are, but I suspect that five isn't very many.



The nicest bit of this conference was being invited to the Governor-General's for drinks beforehand. Government House is a cool building that, funnily enough, I had never been in before. Not usually my circles.



The GG invited us to take a stroll around the ground floor rooms, which of course I did (well, I took a hobble, but that's OK, it gave me an excuse to pause at interesting bits or flop elegantly into a sofa if I felt the need to goggle a bit longer). I don't know much about Australian political history but I know a fair bit of it took place in the study, and of course he has the best art on the walls.



And here I am enjoying a glass of bubbly. Trying to forget that I have yet to give my presentation (I don't like public speaking. Does anyone? But it went fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment