Tuesday, October 22, 2019

And it's Tuesday again

Another week has whooshed past, but in my defence it was a busy one. Parliament's sitting again, it was the first week of the school term and my husband was in Jakarta with work so I had to pay attention and do some proper adulting. Mostly it went fine, although he pointed out this morning that the milk I'd just made my coffee with expired eight days ago ... I'd been using it the whole time he was away, and survived.  The week actually went quite smoothly because number one son could have a car to himself! How easy it made everything. If he ends up going to uni in Canberra next year we might have to help him to buy a little something to get around in  - at the very least it will make our lives a lot easier.


My work took me out to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve on Friday (perfectly legitimately, we weren't bludging) and we got to see koalas. With koala babies - you can't really see them in this photo but the koala mums moved around a couple of times and you could see the babies clinging on. Very cute.



Saturday we went to friends' Oktoberfest-themed drinks - it was "German costume encouraged" so we pulled on Ampelmann t-shirts! that I painted myself with poster paint. It was certainly unique ... most people dressed up but generally in variations of lederhosen and buxom bavarian barmaid. There were a surprising number of actual lederhosen worn! Who knows what people have in their wardrobes. We had a lovely time, and ate a lot of wurst.



Number two son went off to a Halloween party. He is dressed as "blue". He "doesn't like to overthink my costumes". He had fun too - we dropped him off on the way to our party and picked him up on the way home!!! So grown-up.

1 comment:

  1. You could have rustled him up a quilt to wear...

    I love your Ampelmann t-shirts but not as much as my grandson will when I show them to him.

    ReplyDelete