Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Scorned by the gods

I pieced this last year before the weaving took over and I was clearly in a very colourful mood. I did notice in the last few weeks when I've been using solids again that I didn't seem to have very much yellow or pink, and this might be why.



Free form wedge-type things, or possibly tumblers, and random borders too. I quilted it with allover baptist fans which is safe and boring but still one of my favourites. I like doing an allover on the solids, it gives it texture. I don't know why I called it "Scorned by the gods" but it seemed like a good idea at the time.



I took the photos in the last minutes between when the sun goes down and it gets dark. I tried five minutes earlier but just got photos of my own shadow in the setting sun - see below -  the washing line faces due west this time of year and I had to wait until the last trickle of sun had gone before taking my photos ... and even then the colours are a bit peculiar. It is super bright though.



We had a quiet at-home weekend, with just a short outing for brunch with friends that we hadn't seen for at least ten years! They were down from Brisbane and it was a great catch-up.

We also spent a couple of hours picking out appliances for our MUCH overdue kitchen renovation. I'll take some photos of our appalling kitchen, it's beyond a joke. The oven won't heat up above 180, and only on the top third of the oven, and only three of the four hot plates work, and the cupboards are beyond disgraceful. So we've got a quote for the cabinetry, and chosen some appliances, now we just have to talk to the flooring people and make the final decisions about what goes where. So many choices! So much MONEY to spend .... but it has to be done. I think our kitchen is actually dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment