Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The weekend gallops past

I didn't do anything exciting other than enjoy the very start of spring. My run around the lake was completely windless and slightly too warm - there are blossoms on the trees already... I prefer the depths of winter but the blossoms are nice. Here is an arty shot of under the bridge. It's hard to describe how still it was - normally I run either clockwise or anti-clockwise to minimise the headwind on the exposed stretches but on Sunday it made no difference.


I did go to a craft de-stash at the Yarralumla Uniting Church which was AMAZING. Rooms full of tables packed with everything everyone crafty in Canberra has been gasping to get out of their cupboards ... and into mine :) There were hundreds of middle-aged and elderly ladies moving very slowly amongst the goodies (so an exercise in patience) but well worth the wait. I ignored the yarn, which took some effort, and the scrapbooking stuff, which took no effort at all, and just focussed on the quilting cottons and the dressmaking stuff.



This is the quilting haul - some good basics that I'll know I'll use for literally just a few dollars.



This is the sewing fabrics - I want to try and make more outerwear so looked for wool and wool blends. The green is a much lovelier colour in real life than in the photo - the woman who sold it to me said her mother had bought it to make a pair of trousers when she was in school ... and she was older than me so it must have been the 1970s or earlier. Fabulous! I was very happy to take it off her hands, and she was very happy to see it go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, just as well I didn't go with you. I really don't need any fabrics, since, as we've established, I make one quilt to your fifty-quilts-plus-thirty-scarves-and-a-complete-new-wardrobe. But I do like that blue one with the little leaves...

    ReplyDelete