Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Grey silk jacket thing

I sewed myself a grey jacket / cardy thingy. These are not very good photos, but trust me, it is actually quite a nice garment to wear to work, when you want something a bit nicer than a knitted cardigan, but can't be bothered with a proper jacket.



This is at the end of the day so it's showing a few wrinkles at the back. The pointy bits float nicely and don't look too strange. It was an easy thing to sew - I might have made it slightly too big in the arms but I worry about my fat arm (lymphodoema) and tend to overcompensate. The fabric looks like a hessian sack in these photos!!! But it is honestly a lovely medium weight silk, with a bit of a sheen, and the slubs look much better in real life.



This is the pattern - Kwik Sew 3181 - this time I did google before I sewed, but there was NOTHING!!! This pattern is so daggy that no-one who reviews patterns on the internet (i.e. hipster cool people, like me) had ever made it. It is an old lady pattern.

I bought this fabric when we were in Melbourne in September 1995 for a friend's wedding. I remember being struck by the colour, and buying four metres for a suit, which I never made. But I didn't ditch it because it was lovely, and so the last weekend at the beach I thought for crying out loud, just sew something with it. So I did.



But thinking about the weekend in Melbourne made me go to the photo albums and find evidence of my younger, fresher, less wrinkly self. Here I am with  my husband.



And this is with another friend we shared accommodation with - look at us all dolled up in our wedding hats. The wedding was quite posh; inner city big stone church and fancy hotel and we had a very good time. The marriage didn't last ... which frankly blind freddy could have seen at the time, but what can you do. Other people's relationships are ALWAYS weird.

3 comments:

  1. leather biker jackets for mens [url=https://newyorkleathercompany.com/search?type=product&options%5Bprefix%5D=none&q=leather+biker+jackets+for+mens&options%5Bprefix%5D=last]leather biker jackets for mens[/url]

    ReplyDelete