Friday, September 6, 2019

A baby quilt

I have had so much fun making another baby quilt! I haven't done one for ages, and they are so quick and small and delightful to do. This is draped over the footstool - I was having trouble taking a photo that showed the colours properly.



This is for a friend at work who is due in a few weeks. The baby is a girl, but I don't think they're going all crazy pink, so this is reasonably gender neutral.



Although I did quilt it with flowers.



I remember being eight months pregnant ... what a nightmare. Kind of cool in that you were actually growing a baby, but eight months is definitely the point at which you can't ignore it any more! Every time you try and do any damn thing - even sleeping - that baby is there. Galumphing from side to side and hiccuping.

3 comments:

  1. Quick and easy. For you. I've just spent two evenings considering my next (cot) quilt and arithmetically working out how I need to do it. And then it'll take me a couple of months at least to do. Quick and easy forsooth....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't bother with arithmetic! if you look at the triangle border above, I've just cut it off in the middle of a triangle when it was too long :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I didn't notice. But I could easily do that, even with arithmetic. I'm basing my current attempt on something I saw sometime on the internet and have a blurry print of - obviously making it a completely different shape and using different fabrics and only realising the problems as I go along...

    ReplyDelete