Friday, September 13, 2019

A Domestic Conversation

This is what the pink and yellow medallion I was working on turned into. I like it a lot - it is cheerful and pretty and was fun to make. I thought when I started it it would turn into more of a purple quilt, picking up the purple and pink in the middle, but it ended up quite yellow. Which my quilts are prone to do.


We've been having some serious spring winds lately! There's only one photo of the whole quilt because every other one I took was like the photo below. Great weather for drying the washing, but not for quilt photography. You can see the drifts of blossoms blown up against the stairs.


I quilted it in a random swirl type thing.  You can't really tell from the front so I wasn't going to put too much effort in. And it is called "A Domestic Conversation" - I meant domestic as opposed to international, rather than domestic as opposed to outside the home ... but it doesn't really mean anything so I don't think it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment