Friday, September 20, 2019

Busy busy week

I've spent the week working and not doing much else, sadly. Both this week and last were quite busy so I took the opportunity to go down the coast on the weekend and do absolutely nothing. In the end I did even more nothing than I'd planned - I've been waking up in the night so got some over-the-counter sleeping pills and took one Friday night. The chemist said the packet says two but just take one if you haven't had them before, so I only had one and not only did I sleep well Friday night but wandered around like a zombie all day Saturday as well. God only knows what two pills would have done to me! Kept me unconscious until dinner time probably.


So it was a very relaxing weekend but not a great deal of housework and/or gardening got done. I did a little bit of sewing, and went for a run on Sunday when I felt a bit more myself. It was really warm - 26 degrees when I left to drive back to Canberra - and then Monday the cold change came through and it SNOWED in the night. Nothing at our house in the morning but the hills all around were covered in snow and very beautiful. Such strange weather. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about my insult to tree ferns. These ones were very nice. Context is all. Sorry too that you've not been sleeping. The solution is to find a grandchild and start reading aloud to them. Soon, you're having difficulty staying awake.

    ReplyDelete