Wednesday, October 17, 2018

More bamboo/wool

I was so pleased with the yellow and blue bamboo/wool herringbone that I went and ordered some  more from the excellent Bendigo Woollen Mills in green and cream. And maybe also some other wool because if you order more than $50 you get free shipping so I was really Saving Money. But that is for another post, today is all about the awesomeness that is this yarn and a log cabin pattern!


I think this pattern is amazing, and it looks so complicated but it is really straightforward. You go green/white for seven ends, then go white/green for three, then repeat. And do the same on the weft, and it turns into incredible three-dimensional boxes! I find this extraordinary.

This time I remembered to do some plain weave at the other end, although I couldn't quite remember how much I'd done, so it looks a bit odd. And it's in a different colour, but I will say that that is a design choice.



And because the yarn weaves up so beautifully and drapey here is a shot of it crumpled on a chair. It doesn't crumple, it sort of pools in a soft and elegant manner. I just knotted the ends rather than twist them into a fringe.



Pam asked what I was doing with all these scarves ... an excellent question and of course I have no answer. I am wearing them into work and making my work colleagues admire them (they are very polite) then folding them up and putting them nicely in a pile. If they start to bother me I can offload them to friends I guess, but they're much smaller than quilts! Less useful unfortunately because no-one uses them except me, unlike quilts which can find homes with all the family and the dog, but they definitely take up less space.




No comments:

Post a Comment