Monday, October 15, 2018

End of the holidays

I started to write this post yesterday - with the words "it is a very very quiet Sunday afternoon" but then the computer ate my blog post, so I stomped off. It was however a very very quiet afternoon ... I did a lot of weaving, number two son lay on the sofa with Youtube, and number one son and my husband (and the dog) slept. The dog had no excuse, but the other two had just come back from a two week holiday in Europe! And it took them forty hours to get from their apartment in Berlin to Canberra, so all they wanted was sleep.

The trip was my son's 16th birthday present - because we have never travelled much with them we said when they turn 16 they get an overseas trip anywhere in the world with one parent; their choice to destination (and parent). So he chose London and Berlin, and they had an absolutely wonderful time. Lots of Third Reich walking tours and natural history museums, so a very good idea he took his father and not me, but they both thought it was awesome, and they both think I should get there one day! I've never been to either city ... but I will.

And I think this might be the last fire of the winter (although I've said that a few times now).


No comments:

Post a Comment