Friday, October 5, 2018

Bamboo and wool



Well, this is lovely. After the disappointment of the horse blanket, this 50/50 bamboo-wool blend wove like an absolute dream. And it is soft, and drapes beautifully and looks awesome! It is absolutely impossible for me to look at a ball of yarn and tell how it is going to weave up, but I suppose I'm learning. I hope I'm learning.



So this is just two colours in a basic houndstooth. The colours in the top picture are the most realistic - the other photos are a bit duller. Two gold, two blue, repeat on both the warp and the weft. Isn't that unlikely? It looks so complicated and it is so simple. I have worn it into work too and it is extremely comfortable. Despite having sworn off shopping I'm going to order some more because I'm so pleased with it. I think I can get the edges neater, and I forgot to finish off in a stripe of blue like I did at the start. Ooops.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely, but what are you going to do with all those scarves? Cf quilts... My older daughter, Kirsten, is a mad keen knitter and I'm sure she must have 100 pairs of socks. The advantage of my enthusiastic but sl-ow quilt habit is that so far I've managed to give most of my quilts to my relatives, and believe me, I don't have many of these, so after that...?

    ReplyDelete