Thank you for your nice comments on my last post - and on facebook - I am not nearly as cross now, just a bit sad. It's hard to get excited about new projects; the voice in my head that tells me that-will-look-like-shit-and-you-don't-have-the-skills-don't-waste-the-good-fabric has a distinctly smug tone at the moment. But a loss of mojo isn't always such a bad thing, I am finishing up a few projects and may even possibly vacuum the sewing room. Maybe.
So I quilted and bound my cathedral stars - now named "Salted Caramel" because that orange colour of the stars is exactly the same colour as those macarons the boys and I made. Not a colour normally found in nature.
In the end I did the most boring quilting imaginable - and not much of it! Straight lines. This is going to be a bed quilt so really I just wanted something that would hold it all together, and there wasn't much point in anything fancy on such a busy pattern. The back looks a bit droopy in this photo... cute little monkeys again.
I dropped my (non-banned) quilt off on Saturday - it's an OK quilt but more of a technical exercise than anything I'm passionate about. I forgot to get a picture but I'll blog it after the event. I had completely forgotten what I called it in the entry but I'd written down a few suggestions in my graph book so went back and tried to remember which one I'd used for the label! And got it wrong, but I can't imagine it would matter ... although who knows with this mob.