Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finally, one that worked

My attempts to make a little baby quilt finally worked! Not that this is very exciting - and it's probably not what I intended to make either. There were a lot of strips sitting around the sewing room when I got back from Indonesia, and no plan in my head (or on paper). So this is small and simple.

And with very simple quilting lines. The walking foot and I got on fine this time round, so I think it's just a question of adjusting. I had trouble going back to piecing, with breaking threads and bad tension, but I'm getting the hang of the different gizmos and adjusting the foot pressure and the tension here and the other bit there...

Close up of cute little monkeys.

Another close up of cute little monkeys ... the rainy cold school holidays continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment